Saturday, August 5, 2023
MPEC Ray Clymer Exhibit Hall
9 am to noon
SATURDAY, AUGUST 5, 2023
MPEC Ray Clymer Exhibit Hall, located at 1000 5th St., Wichita Falls, Texas. Doors will open at 9 am until noon.
The Roundup is an informative and fun family event that provides Wichita Falls ISD and City View ISD students in Head Start through 12th grade with the school supplies and services they need to start the school year ready to learn.
• No pre-registration is required to attend or receive school supplies.
• Free school supply kits and backpacks will be provided for WFISD and CVISD students who qualify for the free and reduced lunch program. The school supply kits will contain the majority of the required school supplies.
• Children in Head Start and PK will receive a backpack and crayons.
• Students at Burgess, Lamar, Scotland Park, Washington and Zundy elementary schools will receive school supplies and backpacks at their school, not at the Roundup.
• Community resource booths will have information about school and community services, youth programs, assistance programs, health and safety and free giveaways.
Everyone is welcome to attend the Roundup, however to receive free school supplies and a backpack, the child must qualify for the lunch program and:
• Bring proof of eligibility (such as school letter showing students' qualification for the lunch program, or other proof including Medicaid, CHIP, Lone Star card and SNAP) Any proof of receiving government assistance will be accepted.
• Be enrolled in a WFISD or CVISD school
• Be accompanied by an adult, if under the age of 16. Children are not required to attend.
• Complete a student registration card for each child prior to receiving supplies. You may print your student registration card ahead of time from the link under helpful downloads.
The Wichita Falls Wichita County Health District will be providing vaccinations during the Roundup at the MPEC.