for August 2020
Contact your School
The 2020 Roundup has been cancelled due to COVID 19.
Project Back to School will be providing school supplies and backpacks for children in need this year.
School supplies and backpacks will be available at each WFISD and CVISD school in early August.
For assistance, contact your school counselor since school supplies will be distributed at each school.
Project Back to School will host the Roundup again in August 2021.
The Roundup is an informative and fun family event that provides Wichita Falls ISD and City View ISD students in Head Start through 12th grade with the school supplies and services they need to start the school year ready to learn.
• No pre-registration required to attend or receive school supplies.
• Free school supply kits and backpacks for Wichita Falls ISD and City View ISD students who qualify for the free and reduced lunch program.
• Students at Burgess, Lamar, Scotland Park, Washington and Zundy elementary schools will receive school supplies and backpacks at their school, not at the Roundup.
• Head Start and Pre-Kindergarten students will receive a backpack and crayons.
• Community resource booths will have information about school and community services, youth programs, assistance programs, health and safety and free giveaways.
• Free immunizations for eligible children
• Free vision screenings
• Free dental screenings
• A limited number of school uniform shirts have been provided to the WFISD schools requiring uniforms. For assistance, parents must contact the school's counselor.
Everyone is welcome to attend the Roundup, however to receive free school supplies and a backpack, the child must qualify for the federal lunch program and:
• Bring proof of eligibility (such as school letter showing students' qualification for the lunch program, or other proof including Medicaid, CHIP, Lone Star card and SNAP) Any proof of receiving government assistance will be accepted.
• Be enrolled in a WFISD or CVISD school (other than Burgess, Lamar, Scotland Park, Washing-ton and Zundy since they will receive school supplies at their school.)
• Be accompanied by an adult, if under the age of 16 (It is recommended, but not required for the child to be present.)
• Complete a student registration card for each child and visit community resource booths prior to receiving supplies.
To receive free immunizations provided by the Wichita Falls - Wichita County Public Health District, the child must:
• Be receiving Medicaid or CHIP, have no private health insurance or insurance which does not cover vaccines.
• Be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
• Bring a current shot record and a valid Medicaid card (if applicable).